“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
Sometimes we don’t know ourselves as well as we’d like to, and other times we don’t even realize that we don’t know who we are. Here’s how we can discover more about ourselves and do some soul-searching:
- Find a hobby
- What are the things we like doing? Sometimes picking up a new hobby can be a good way for us to uncover the hidden things we enjoy that we never realized were there.
- We need to find the things that interest us the most. Are our interests rooted in ourselves or other people?
- It’s easy for a writer to tell other people to write. The truth of the matter is we are not all writers though. This can be a helpful way for us to figure out if it’s one of our interests and something that helps us delve beneath the surface.
- Go places
- Going new places can invoke certain feelings in us. Maybe it’s a memory, a new feeling, or something that makes us feel different. There are new people, new sights, and new smells that can help us find our center. I know my place is the beach.
- What, who, where, when
- We need to find out what makes us feel certain ways. Is it a “what” or a “who?” Maybe it’s a place or a certain time. Those moments and memories are holding what could be the key to our wisdom.