“Pumpkin spice and everything nice.” — Unknown
Every year, I’m always excited during Fall because it’s the official start of the holiday season. There are so many great things to look forward to! Unfortunately, we’ve had some more fires in SoCal, but I’m hoping the temperatures start lowering, so we can enjoy the nice fall breeze and spend more time outdoors. I’m particularly excited about a few things this Fall…
- Pumpkin-flavored everything 🥧
- Even with my new lifestyle shift to being more conscious about making healthy food choices, there are so many pumpkin treats that pop up around this time. From pumpkin bread to pumpkin pie to PSLs. To be honest though, I’ve never actually had a Pumpkin Spice Latte in my life. Shocking, but true, I still love all the pumpkin-flavored treats every once in a while during the Fall months. I’ve also found some healthy recipes and alternatives to still get those pumpkin cravings satisfied.
- Sweaters, scarves, and cardigans 🧣
- I love layering different pieces together or finding a comfy sweater to wear with boots. It becomes so easy to up-cycle outfits during this time of year. I’m just waiting on the weather to drop a few degrees, so I can finally put some of these outfits together!
- Hockey 🏒
- It wouldn’t be fall without having the Kings game on while we make dinner or bake some Fall treats. GKG! Let’s make it to the playoffs this year!
- Boots 👢
- Enough said. One of my favorite parts of the end of the year is cute boots.
- Holiday baking 🧁
- This one is a little tricky, as I mentioned I’ve been making some adjustments and will have to get creative with some of my recipes. Nonetheless, I love the smells of Fall…nutmeg, allspice, and cloves are my favorites to bake with. I also have plenty of Bath & Body Works candles to fill our home with some Fall scents if I don’t want to overdo it with the treats.
- Colorful leaves and an autumn breeze 🍂
- Who doesn’t love the beautiful color palette of Fall and some crunchy leaves?
- Thanksgiving 🦃
- It’s one of my favorite holidays because I love spending time with friends and family. It’s a time where we’re reminded to be grateful and there are so many festive things happening! Though I’ve done a good job of incorporating gratitude in my daily life, it gets amplified during this time of year.
- Autumn Agenda 📝
- A few Falls ago, I decided to make an Autumn Agenda to make it easy to accomplish some of the Fall-themed things on my wish list. I’m planning on adding a few fun things to the calendar this year…stay tuned!
What are some of your favorite things about Fall? Share them in the comments! I love hearing about family traditions, recipes, and other great things to do during this time of year.
Are you on Instagram? Follow me on my journey to creating a happier and healthier lifestyle @ThisBeautifulLifeBlog.