“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” — Pawan Kalyan
Last weekend, Cory and I went to Los Rios Ranchos in Oak Glen to go apple picking. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, but I never thought I could actually make it happen. I wasn’t sure where to go, when to go, or even how it worked. Cory immediately thought of some apple farms in Yucaipa, and before we knew it, we were planning out our Saturday to go pick some apples.
It was such a great experience. It was far enough away from home that it felt like a mini trip but close enough that we could easily pick a day to do it. We picked some Granny Smith and Rome Beauty apples, spent some time in town shopping, and found amazing Pumpkin Butter and Apple Butter. We would have loved to stay for lunch, but it got busy quick. Everything smelled so fresh and authentic. We also had samples of fresh apple cider; it tasted so fresh and full of flavor.
That day, my heart was full of gratitude and I was reminded that our happiness is completely up to us. It’s our responsibility to practice gratitude daily and pick positivity over negativity.
The beautiful, colorful trees, the smell of BBQ, and our bag of freshly-picked apples made me so happy. It made me want to create my Fall Bucket List again, so that’s what I did. The seasonal bucket lists are a mini project to help me stay focused during the season while still having fun. What’s on my list this Fall?
- Find a healthy fall recipe to make.
- Check! I used our apples to make some applesauce and it was amazing. 🍏
- Go apple picking.
- Done! 🍎
- Watch hockey games.
- The Kings have been on our TV a few times already, and I’m excited for more games. 🏒
- Build a fall wardrobe.
- I’ve been on the lookout for scarves and cardigans to create some cute, layered outfits. 🧣
- Read some books on my list.
- I’m hoping to finish The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory soon and buy some other books to read next. I’ve also got a new Meg Cabot book on my list! She’s one of my favorite authors that got me into fiction writing. 📖
- Go to a holiday market/pop up shop.
- I’ve had my eye on some pop up shops and holiday markets…hoping to pick one and find some gems! 💎
- Create a fall-inspired craft.
- I get crafty every year. I’ve already made a Pumpkin Spice Latte using a white pumpkin, but I also want to try to make one more thing for our home. 🍂
- Visit Disneyland.
- With our busy schedules, it’s been tough to squeeze in Disneyland trips, but we’ll definitely be getting some on the calendar soon. 🎠
I’m so excited to start doing some of the things on the list, and I’m so glad I could go apple picking with Cory to get this list off to a good start. What are you up to this Fall?