“You’ll be amazed at what you attract after you start believing in what you deserve.” — Unknown
The law of attraction is a powerful belief that positive or negative thoughts will welcome positive or negative experiences. That’s why it’s said that if you want something badly enough, you’ll have it, and if you truly believe something will never be yours and you’ll never have it, then you never will. I’ve heard a lot of people say the power of positive thinking is complete BS, but it’s indubitably tied to the law of attraction.
The example I often hear is: So, if I truly believe that I’ll have a million dollars one day, then I’ll get it, right? Wrong, at least partially. The power of positive thinking and law of attraction are so much more than just wanting something badly and believing you’ll have it. The desire to have it is what allows you to go after it.
The more you want it and the stronger the reason for why you want it will simply bring it closer to you. We’re not magnets. We can’t just magnetically push a million bucks our way, but we can harvest positive thinking, desire, and determination to get that to point.
To continue with the million dollar example…think about this. Even if you truly believed you were going to make a million dollars, it wouldn’t show up in the blink of an eye or the snap of a finger. The reason for it? Look at any self-made millionaire. They don’t just wake up, have good ideas, make money, then go to sleep and start the day over. Even if they do, that’s a tiny fraction of a rather large equation.
They create positive, healthy habits and routines that deliver that success directly to their doorstep. We hear it all the time…they make their bed every morning, they write down their goals, they visualize them, they create a new strategy when the current one isn’t working, and they’re constantly pivoting to make sure their goals get achieved.
It’s not easy work. Sure, some people inherit millions and choose to live an unfulfilling life full of dollars and no sense, but the self-made wealthy aren’t just rich in their bank accounts. The live truly wealthy lives because they’ve cultivated happiness in the form of creating actionable, attainable, and measurable goals.
It doesn’t need to be complicated either, but I’ve realized the more I journal, the more I plan out my day, and the more I focus on filling my cup, the happier I am. It’s about finding and creating a balance that works for you and your life. If we want to live our lives a certain way, we can dream about it all we want. But at the end of the day, a goal without a plan is just a wish, as Antoine de Saint-Exupéry says.
How do we move forward? How do we attract what we want? Wake up and chase it. Dream about it, visualize it, make it real, and then make a plan. It’s so much easier to sit around and “wait” for or fantasize about all the things we want. We usually have to put a ton of work in before we start seeing our results form from our goals, but it’s so worth it once we get there. People don’t achieve their goals because they’re lucky or blessed. They achieve them because they show up and work for them. They are consistent even when motivation doesn’t come knocking at the door.
It’s so much easier to make excuses and convince yourself why you’re not “worthy” to have the thing you’re desiring, but you are. If you want it badly enough, it’ll come to you because you’ll be willing to work for it. And if you’re not, you usually just need a stronger “why.”
For the longest time, I made myself believe that I couldn’t ever lose weight, feel confident in my own skin, and just be happy without worrying about how others perceived me. But I’ve lost 20 pounds, kept it off, and have established healthy habits and routines. I truly broke through when I realized it wasn’t just about shedding pounds. It was about creating a happy, healthy, manageable, realistic, and sustainable lifestyle. I am so damn proud to have that. There are days that I give it my all and there are days that I only feeling like putting in 10%. It’s about showing up and being consistent at least 80% of the time and giving yourself grace the other 20%.
Otherwise, we achieve our goals super quickly and then rebound straight back to where we were. It’s no fun to be in “rebound” territory because you can backtrack and lose all of your progress. It can make us feel so unhappy and sometimes feel twice as hard to get started again. It’s always better to maintain than it is to move backwards. Even if we feel like we can’t move forward, it’s so much better to stay where we are until we find strength to keep going.
If you keep pushing and keep believing, it’ll start to feel like everything you want just comes naturally because you believe it, you invest in it, and you show up to make it HAPPEN.